Male “jumping roofs for fun” electrocuted & killed in Waxahachie

Waxahachie Police say an adult male was electrocuted and killed Sunday evening while “jumping roofs for fun.”

On May 5th at approximately 11:20pm, the Waxahachie Fire-Rescue and Police Department responded to the 100 block of N. Rogers Street in downtown Waxahachie in reference to an adult male that had been electrocuted.

Upon arrival, a victim was located atop a business at the location. Preliminary investigation suggests that the victim was jumping roof tops for fun and inadvertently came into contact with high voltage wires and was killed.

No additional details were provided by Police.