Hoverboard sparks fire at house in Hurst on Christmas Day

The Hurst Fire Department responded to a house fire yesterday afternoon in the 2700 block of Mill Haven Drive. When firefighters arrived, they located an upstairs bedroom on fire.

The fire was quickly contained to the bedroom, but smoke and water damaged the entire house.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a hoverboard that was charging inside the bedroom for most of the day.

The Hurst Fire Department urges owners of hoverboards to be aware of the dangers they present. You can visit this website to see if your hoverboard meets safety requirements.