Vehicle fire seriously injures three children in Garland
Just before 6:00pm this evening, Garland firefighters and police officers responded to the 2900 block of S. First Street regarding a vehicle on fire in the parking lot of a business. When Garland paramedics arrived, they began treating three children injured in the fire.
Officers learned an adult male drove to the store with his three children. The male parked the vehicle at the business and went inside, leaving his children unattended in the vehicle. The vehicle caught on fire while the male was inside the store.
According to Garland police, the three children, identified as four, three, and one year olds, were all transported to the hospital in critical condition. CareFlite responded to the scene.
The investigation is ongoing at this time and no charges have been filed.