Oak Lawn apartment complex evacuated due to high CO levels

The Dallas Fire Rescue responded to a carbon monoxide explosive around 7:17pm this evening at the Radius Turtle Creek Apartments, 3604 Cedar Springs Road.

Officials say three workers were using a gas-powered pressure washer in the underground parking garage with little ventilation for the toxic fumes. There was a buildup of carbon monoxide in the underground garage and also throughout the five-story apartment building. Approximately 200 residents have been evacuated from the building.

Dallas Fire Rescue paramedics transported the three workers with potential CO poisoning to local hospitals. Their conditions have not been released.

Firefighters are working to ventilate the apartment building and parking garage to safely release the toxic fumes.

Expect heavy activity in this area.