Fire damages popular Mexican restaurant in Rendon

Just after 5:00am this morning, Rendon Fire Department along with several mutual aid departments responded to a structure fire at the Mama Angie’s Mexican Cocina, 8120 Rendon Bloodworth Road.

First arriving firefighters found smoke showing from the large restaurant, but no visible flames. Suppression efforts warranted a 3-alarm response, bringing firefighters from Tarrant and Johnson counties.

The fire was brought under control around 7:00am.

No injuries have been reported.

“Mama Angie’s Mexican Cocina had a bit of a fire emergency last night and will not be open until the damage is fixed,” the restaurant wrote on their Facebook page. “We appreciate our customers and want to thank you all for understanding.”

Photo: Covington Fire Rescue