Couch fire sparks 2-alarm blaze at downtown Dallas high rise

The Dallas Fire Rescue is investigating a 2-alarm fire that occurred Friday evening at the Manor House apartments, 1222 Commerce Street in downtown Dallas.

At 6:33pm, Dallas firefighters received a fire alarm call from the high rise building. First arriving units found a column of black smoke showing from the top floor of a 25-story residential high rise. A 2nd alarm response was immediately requested to the scene.

Firefighters made way to the top floor and found heavy fire in the clubhouse / community room. The initiated fire attack and had the fire knocked down within an hour. No one was injured.

Investigators determined the fire started when someone set a couch on fire. The fire spread throughout the entire room.

The quick actions of firefighters limited the damage to the room where the fire started. No residences were impacted.

The investigation is still ongoing.